LASIK Eye Surgery in Perth
If you’re considering laser eye surgery in Perth, you may have heard of the term ‘LASIK’. LASIK stands for Laser Insitu Keratomileusis – this is a type of common refractive surgery or laser eye surgery aimed to correct refractive errors. A refractive error is where the eye fails to bend light effectively, resulting in blurred vision and other eye related issues including myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness), presbyopia (age-related loss of near-vision) and astigmatism.
In simple terms, our Perth LASIK surgery works by removing tissue from underneath a flap in the cornea in order to change the curvature and ultimately the focus of the eye. Like many other surgical procedures, there are some associated risks. Please speak to our staff or principal surgeon Dr Robert Paul about any concerns you may have. Despite this, there are many advantages of choosing to undergo LASIK eye surgery including:
- No scarring
- 100% blade free
- Fast visual recovery period
- Ability to have both eyes treated at the same time
- Improved and enhanced vision without glasses or lenses
At WA Laser Eye Centre, we’re equipped with the latest and most advanced technology to safely perform LASIK eye surgery in Perth. Both our innovative Wavelight FS200 Femtosecond and Excimer lasers set the industry standard and are adjustable for a wide range of conditions.
How LASIK Works
Unlike mechanical instruments, laser technology is uniquely able to program the dimensions of your corneal flap based on what’s best for your eye. The Femtosecond laser will then create your flap from below the surface of the cornea—without ever cutting it.
- Ultra–fast pulses of laser light position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth determined by your doctor.
- The laser light passes harmlessly through your cornea, creating rows of these bubbles just beneath your corneal surface as it moves back and forth across your eye.
- Next, the laser stacks bubbles around your corneal diameter to create the edges of your flap. These bubbles are stacked at an angle that is determined by your doctor and is individualised to the way your eye is shaped.
- The process in total takes about 6 seconds from start to finish.
- Your doctor will then gently lift the flap to allow for the second step of your LASIK treatment. This is where the Excimer laser is applied, smoothly reshaping the cornea and correcting the refractive error. When treatment is complete, the flap easily “locks” back into position and rapidly begins to heal.
Make an Appointment Today
LASIK in Perth can cost far less than what you would expect. With a number of finance options available and some costs taken on by your healthcare provider, making the decision to undergo LASIK surgery in Perth has never been easier.
For a leading clinic governed by an experienced specialist doctor and a team of dedicated staff, look no further. If you’re looking for Perth LASIK surgery, be sure to make an appointment to see Dr Robert Paul at WA Laser Eye Centre. During your free consultation, you will be advised as to which laser eye treatment will be the most suitable option for your requirements. So what are you waiting for? Life is better without glasses!